Emirates Skywards offers four tiers of membership: Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum. When you join the program you start at the Blue tier. The more you fly with Emirates, the more tier miles you can earn, bringing you closer to the next tier. When you reach Silver, Gold or Platinum tiers, you’ll enjoy additional privileges and benefits that are reserved for our most frequent travelers.
Every time you fly with Emirates, you will earn Tier Miles – how many you earn for a particular journey depends on the route you fly, the type of fare you purchase and your class of travel.
Achieving and retaining tier status
The number of Tier Miles* you earn determines your membership tier, and the benefits you receive, as show in the table below.
||Qualify and Retain|
|Blue||Automatic when you register|
|Silver||Achieve 25,000 Tier Miles|
|Gold||Achieve 50,000 Tier Miles|
|Platinum||Achieve 150,000 Tier Miles|
When you move up to a new tier, it will remain valid for one year. The following year, your tier status will be reviewed at the end of the same month in which you first earned it. To retain your tier status each year, you need to achieve 25,000 Tier Miles if you are a Silver member, or 50,000 Tier Miles if you are a Gold member or 150,000 Tier Miles if you are a Platinum member.
For example, if you achieve Silver status on June 17, 2013, your Silver review date will be June 30, 2014. If, between these two dates, you achieve at least 25,000 Tier Miles, you will retain your Silver status.
If at any point you exceed 50,000 Tier Miles within a consecutive 13-month period, you will be promoted to Gold membership, and your Gold review date will be set for same month the following year.
Exclusive tier benefits
Each Emirates Skywards membership tier brings with it a host of exclusive benefits that increase in value as you move through the tiers.
Emirates Skywards Blue
Blue membership entitles you to:
- Travel and lifestyle rewards
- Personal attention, including the option of nominating your own travel coordinator to manage your travel planning online
- Pre-assigned seating
- Waitlist priority
- Dedicated service centers
Emirates Skywards Silver
Silver membership entitles you to all the benefits of the Blue tier, plus:
- Priority check-in
- 25% bonus Skywards miles when you fly with Emirates
- Guaranteed excess baggage allowance**
- Exclusive lounge access in Dubai
Emirates Skywards Gold
Gold membership entitles you to all the benefits of Blue and Silver, plus:
- 50% bonus Skywards miles when you fly with Emirates
- Priority baggage delivery
- Premium Baggage Arrival in Dubai only
- Guaranteed seat reservations, even on fully-booked flights***
- Personal travel assistance from our dedicated Gold Desk
- Complimentary eGate access at all UAE airports****
- Complimentary lounge access throughout the Emirates network
- Premium Skywards Opening Doors benefits from our worldwide partners.
Emirates Skywards Platinum
Platinum membership entitles you to all the benefits of the other tiers and as the newest and highest tier for members, members can also expect:
- First Class check-in and baggage delivery
- Access with a guest to the Emirates First Class Lounge in Dubai International Airport, as well as all Emirates lounges across our network
- An additional 20kg baggage allowance
- A guaranteed seat in Business Class
- 75% bonus Skywards Miles when you fly with Emirates