To qualify for an Extra Legroom seat you will need to meet the following safety criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be able to read and understand English instructions related to emergency evacuation provided in printed or graphic form and be able to understand oral crew commands.
- Be fully able-bodied and capable to identify, reach and operate the exit doors in the event of an emergency.
- Be able to speak well enough to adequately impart information orally to other customers.
- Be able and willing to assist the crew and other customers in the evacuation of the aircraft.
- Not be travelling with infants, children under the age of 18, caregivers, persons who require safety assistant for emergency evacuation, or travelling with a guide dog or any other assistance animal.
- Not be using medical equipment, an extension seat belt nor requiring any assistance due to reduced mobility.
Extra Legroom seats will be re-assigned before or during the journey without any refund if customers do not meet any of the above safety criteria.
Extra Legroom terms and conditions must be expressly accepted at the time of purchase.
Customers travelling on Economy Special tickets who are not Emirates Skywards members are not eligible to select Extra Legroom seats.
Some exit row seats ending in A or K may not be located next to a window due to the emergency exit door placement, and leg space might be partially restricted. Additionally, armrests cannot be raised on extra legroom seats.