Travel to Kuwait
Entry to Kuwait is restricted to specified nationalities and passenger categories. Please check the requirements before you travel. If you’re travelling to Kuwait, you must take a COVID-19 PCR test before departure.
All passengers must register on the Kuwait Mosafer platform and pay for two COVID-19 PCR tests prior to the departure of the flight with the exemption of non-Kuwaiti Diplomats and diplomatic mission staff, their first-degree relatives and accompanying domestic workers provided they present proof of their identity. The first test will be conducted on arrival in Kuwait and the second on the 6th day of the institutional quarantine.
All passengers must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine, 7 days at a locally approved hotel at their own cost and the final 7 days at home. Passengers must present proof that they have pre-booked their hotel quarantine at check-in.
All non-Kuwaiti passengers are not allowed to enter Kuwait with the exception of:
- First-degree relatives of Kuwaitis, provided they have proof of relationship and a valid entry/residence visa
- Domestic workers sponsored by Kuwaiti nationals, provided they have a valid residence visa and are accompanied by the sponsor
- Diplomats and staff of diplomatic missions and their first-degree relatives, provided they have a valid residence permit or entry visa
- Employees of the Kuwait Ministry of Health and their first-degree relatives (husband/wife/children), provided they have a valid residence permit or entry visa. First-degree relatives must also provide proof of their relationship to MOH staff. Note: Only medical staff working for Kuwait Ministry of Health are allowed to enter Kuwait along with their first-degree relatives. Non-medical staff working for Kuwait Ministry of Health do not fall under this exemption category.
- Employees of the private medical sector in the State of Kuwait and their first-degree relatives who are listed in the MOH approved list, provided they have a valid residence or entry visa
Transit and transfer passengers are not allowed at Kuwait International Airport.
COVID-19 PCR testing
All passengers, except children under 6 years old, must carry an original negative COVID-19 PCR test result certificate in English from any accredited laboratories. The certificate must not be older than 72 hours from the date the test was taken.
Passengers who have taken a COVID-19 PCR test in Kuwait and are eligible to return without restrictions can present the same COVID-19 PCR test certificate provided they return within 72 hours of their test date.
All passengers must undergo a mandatory 14 day quarantine, 7 days at a locally approved hotel (list can be found on the Kuwait Mosafer platform) at their own cost and the final 7 days at home. The 7-day institutional quarantine must be booked before departure.
The following categories of passengers are exempt from institutional quarantine:
- Diplomats and diplomatic mission staff, their first-degree relatives and accompanying domestic workers provided they present proof of their identity
- MOH employees, first-degree family members and accompanying domestic workers provided they present proof of their identity
- Private medical sector employees, first-degree family members and accompanying domestic workers provided they present proof of their identity
- Kuwaiti students abroad completing their university examinations provided they have a certificate issued by the Kuwait cultural office proving they are enrolled in a university abroad along with a certificate from the university confirming the date of examinations. All Kuwaiti students and children of Kuwaiti women (married to other nationals) who are studying abroad will be exempted from institutional quarantine provided submission of a certificate issued from the Kuwait cultural office to prove that the student is enrolled from one of the abroad universities or provide a proof of their continuity of enrolment in the universities, institutes, or schools abroad.
- Kuwaiti patients who were sent abroad for medical treatment and their companions provided they have a certificate issued by the Kuwait health office in the country of treatment
- Unaccompanied minors below 18 years old
Exemptions to institutional quarantine apply to the following passengers who have received vaccines accredited by the State of Kuwait (i.e. from designated hospitals in Kuwait only):
- Those who received two doses of the vaccine and more than two weeks have passed since the second dose.
- Those who received one dose of the vaccine and more than five weeks have passed since the first dose.
- Those who have recovered from COVID-19 and more than two weeks have passed since they received one dose of the vaccine.
The above mentioned categories will be home quarantined for 7 days and COVID-19 PCR test must be performed on the 7th day from the arrival date.
- The visa on arrival facility is suspended until further notice.
- Passengers can be boarded by using Kuwait mobile ID replacing civil ID provided they have downloaded the application and registered themselves in it. The details on mobile ID and passport need to be matched
- Resident permit holders who have left Kuwait on or after 1 September 2019 and have stayed outside Kuwait for more than six months can return provided their resident permit/visa is still valid. This is only applicable for eligible passengers.
- All passengers should install and update all the required information on the Shlonik app and Kuwait Mosafer Platform before boarding.
- All passengers must be advised that they will undergo a 14 day quarantine on arrival 7 days institutional quarantine at any locally approved hotel with an additional 7 days home quarantine. The cost of hotel quarantine is to be borne by the passenger.
- Passengers arriving from stations with e-gate facilities need to ensure a proof (exit stamp on passport or exit details) can be provided to Kuwait immigration.
- All domestic workers travelling to Kuwait, except for those travelling with their sponsors, must register on Belsalamah.com prior to their departure.
All passengers to Kuwait should complete the distributed pledging and acknowledgments documents of Home Quarantine Consent and Shlonik Consent.
All passengers should install and update all the required information on the Shlonik app and register on the Kuwait Mosafer Platform before boarding.
All Kuwaiti citizens travelling from Kuwait must have active medical insurance covering treatment abroad in case of injuries or accidents.
For more information please refer to the Ministry of Interior and Kuwait Civil Aviation website
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.