Please check if you are allowed entry to France before you travel. If you are travelling to France, you are required to take a COVID-19 PCR test before departure and fill out a locator form and exempted movement certificate before arrival.
COVID-19 PCR testing
Effective 1 August, passengers must present a negative COVID 19 PCR certificate for a test taken less than 72 hours before departure.
All passengers travelling to mainland France must complete the locator form and the Exempted Movement certificate.
Passengers will not be allowed into France except if they are:
- French nationals, travelling with their spouse and children.
- European Union nationals and nationals from Andorra, United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, and the Vatican, whose primary residence is in France or are in transit through France to reach their country of origin or of primary residence, travelling with their spouse and children.
- Third country nationals, who are holders of a French or European residence permit or valid long stay visa, with primary residence in France, or in transit through France to their residence in the European Union or its assimilated countries.
- Third country nationals, in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone.
- Holders of an official passport
- Foreign nationals employed by diplomatic or consular organisms or international organisations whose headquarters or offices are located in France as well as their spouse and children or foreign nationals staying in France on assignment on behalf of their home country.
- Foreign healthcare workers to help fight against Covid 19 or recruited as interns to assist.
- Foreign flight and cargo personnel as part of a crew or travelling as passenger to their departure base.
- Foreign nationals responsible for the international carriage of goods.
- Drivers or crew members of a passenger train or bus.
- Crew members or personnel working on a merchant or fishing ship.
- Students with long term visas (VLS), short term visa (VCS) to study or do an internship (“Examination/test” short stay visa not included), or coming for less than 90 days from a country exempted from VCS, or minors attending school and holding a proof of residence in France.
- Teachers or researchers employed or invited by a French educational institution or research lab, travelling for teaching or research purposes.
- Third Country nationals with a long stay talent visa “passeport talent” or intra corporate transfer visa, travelling with their spouse and children.
- Foreign nationals coming to France for medical care in a public or private hospital.
From 17 October until 17 November, a nightly curfew is being implemented from 21:00 to 06:00 local time in France. Arriving passengers can leave the airport to travel to their accommodation and vice versa as long as they carry their airplane ticket/itinerary as proof. You can refer to the curfew certificate for further information.
You can find further information here and get advice for foreign nationals here.