Sayadieh sauce preparation
- Heat a large saucepan with oil (75 g) on a high heat.
- Add the onions (85 g) and sauté, stirring continually, until the onions turn a golden-brown colour.
- Next, stir in all the dry spices (1 g cinnamon powder, 1 g sweet Arabic pepper powder, 3 g cumin powder, 1 g cardamom powder and 1 g white pepper powder) and sauté together with the onions for another 4 minutes.
- Continue by adding the fish stock (10 g), and let everything boil for 10 minutes on a high heat.
- Lastly, add the diluted corn starch (133 g) and lemon juice (20 g), and reduce the heat to medium. Taste for seasoning.
- Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency & thickness, and season to taste.
- Remove from heat and set aside.