Salounah sauce preparation
- Put a large pan with oil (20 g) and ghee (50 g) on high heat, add onion (200 g) and garlic (40 g), and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the coriander leaves (20 g), dry lime (1 g) and tomato paste (68 g), and cook for 5 minutes.
- Continue by adding all the dry spices (1 g white pepper powder, 4 g ibzar spice, 13 g turmeric powder, 2 g black pepper powder and 2 g cardamom powder) and fresh tomatoes (400 g), and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring continually. Then add into all the remaining vegetables (580 g potato cubes and 420 g fresh carrot cubes) with the lamb stock (1.3 kg), and bring everything to boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Let the mixture simmer, checking it regularly, until your vegetables are well cooked.
- Lastly, add the diluted corn starch (18 g) and stir well to incorporate. Simmer until your sauce has reached the desired consistency, and at then add your previously cooked lamb cutlets.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it all simmer together, covered with a lid, for an additional 20 minutes.