Passengers with special requirements are entitled to certain additional baggage allowances, free of charge but subject to the following limitations:
- Passengers with sleep disorders are permitted to carry one sleep apnea device, either CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) or PAP (Positive Airway Pressure) as checked baggage subject to IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. For information on the use of these devices in flight, please see our information on health and special needs.
- Passengers who are dependent on a wheelchair may travel with a fully collapsible wheelchair stored in the aircraft hold. Passengers who are dependent on braces or crutches may also travel with these items stored in the aircraft hold.
- Passengers travelling with battery-powered wheelchairs should contact their local Emirates office with details before commencing their journey.
- Passengers who are dependent on a portable kidney dialysis machine are entitled to travel with one machine and ancillary equipment loaded in the aircraft hold.
- Assistance dogs of vision and hearing-impaired passengers may be loaded in the hold in kennels and will not be permitted in the cabin.