Emirates announces management movements across the Middle East
DUBAI, U.A.E.,16 August 2016: Emirates has made several key management movements across its commercial operations team in the Middle East. The rotations will help further strengthen the airline’s commercial footing across the region and help position it in its next stage of development.
The new appointments will see five commercial managers take on new leadership roles in the region.
Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, Divisional Senior Vice President Commercial Operations, Centre said: “Market dynamics are constantly evolving in each of our destinations in the Middle East, each with its unique challenges and opportunities. These appointments, and the combined commercial expertise and industry knowledge our UAE Nationals brings to each role, will be central to meeting our challenges, and advancing new business development opportunities for the future.”
The new changes to the region’s management team will include:
- Omar Al Banna, new Country Manager Kuwait. Omar joined Emirates in 2006 as part of the UAE National Commercial Operations Management Trainee Programme. He most recently held the Corporate Sales Manager role at Emirates UAE Sales, and has also held Area Manager roles in Ethiopia, Tunis, and Jordan.
- Mohammed Al Nahari Al Hashemi, new Corporate Sales Manager role at Emirates UAE Sales. Mohammed has worked for Emirates for the last 12 years. He has previously held Country Manager roles in Kuwait, Syria and Indonesia, as well as a Sales Manager role in India.
- Tariq Almutawa, new Country Manager Qatar. Tariq has been with Emirates since 2012 and previously held the role of Country Manager in Bahrain. He has also held Commercial Manager roles in India and Dubai.
- Omar Alhemeiri, currently Commercial Support Manager, has been appointed as Manager Bahrain. Omar previously held the Country Manager role in Oman and also held commercial support roles in both Uganda and Dubai.
- Saeed Bin Hafez, currently Manager Qatar, has been appointed as Manager Oman.