Travel to Oman
If you are travelling to Oman, you will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and undergo quarantine on arrival.
GCC citizens and residents with valid residency permits and passengers with valid visa are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
All passengers arriving in Oman are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted within seventy two (72) hours prior to the scheduled time of arrival in Oman. The COVID-19 PCR test shall be a validated and certified medical test result written in Arabic or English.
All passengers arriving to the Sultanate of Oman are required to have international health insurance covering the cost of treatment from COVID-19 for one month except for citizens, GCC nationals and passengers with free treatment card.
All passengers must complete the COVID-19 PCR test pre-registration form before departure to the Sultanate of Oman and pay the twenty five (25) OMR test fees and download Tarassud+.
Arrivals to Oman for a period more than 7 days are subject to COVID-19 PCR test with a 7 days quarantine, (Tarrasud+) and H Mushrif applications bracelet that will be paired with HMushrif mobile App and pay the cost of services of OMR 25 paid before arrival.
The following quarantine requirements are applicable to international arriving passengers:
- All passengers must conduct the COVID-19 PCR test on the 8th day from the date of arrival. If the result is shown negative, the bracelets can be removed as per the established procedures and quarantine can be ended.
- If the result of the test conducted on the 8th day is positive, the passenger must remain in quarantine for further 10 days starting from the time of sample collection.
- Quarantine will be applicable even for stay less than seven days.
- Children of the age of 15 and below are exempted from the COVID-19 PCR and bracelet requirements.
- Crew are exempted from the COVID-19 PCR, bracelet and quarantine requirements.
- Diplomats and their families are exempted from the COVID-19 PCR and bracelet requirements. However, they are subject to a seven-day quarantine.
- Any Omani passenger who tests positive after recovering from COVID-19 is allowed to enter, after providing proof that he/she completed the prescribed quarantine period before taking COVID-19 PCR test prior to departure for Oman.
Download (Tarassud+ & HMushrif) applications, complete the registration and pay registration fee of OMR 25 online on (Tarassud +) Application and print the Traveler registration slip before arriving in Oman.
Requirements for the entry of foreigners into the Sultanate of Oman without a visa as follows:
- The visitor must hold a passport valid for a period not less than six months.
- The visitor must hold a confirmed return travel ticket, a confirmed hotel reservation, health insurance and a sum of money that enables the visitor to cover the cost of living during the stay in the Sultanate of Oman.
- The visitor will be allowed to stay in the Sultanate of Oman for a period of 10 days maximum, non - extendable.
- In case the visitor exceeds the 10 days, a delay fine of OMR 10 for each day will be applied.
- If the visitor plans to stay over 10 days, they can apply for any type of tourist visas before arrival according to the applicable visa system and the fees prescribed for each type.
- The spouse and children ( from other nationalities ) of the visitor (exempted from the visa for 10 days period) can also benefit from this exemption, even if they are not nationals from the list of countries exempted from the visa for 10 days visit as long as they are accompanied by the spouse / parent exempted from the visa.
- GCC countries residents, GCC countries tourist visa holders or holders of GCC countries work visa (as per to the list of jobs permitted) can also benefit from the exemption if they are nationals of the 103 countries.
- Citizens of the countries of the second and third lists (see lists below) can also benefit from this exemption if they are residents or have a valid entry visa for one of the following countries (USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Schengen countries, Japan).
- Other tourist visas (one month tourism, one year tourism, residents of GCC and multiple trips) remain available to the visitors from the first and second lists (see lists below) according to the current visa system.
- If the visitor is on the list of INAD passengers who are denied entry to the Sultanate, they will be returned to the point of origin by the airline.
- This facility does not allow a person to work in the Sultanate of Oman, nor does it allow him/her to apply for any types of visas or residence. The visitor must depart from Sultanate of Oman within 10 days.
Country list 1
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of North Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sari Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican
- South American countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Other countries and regions: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Dar al-Salam, French Guinea, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Lebanon, Macao Special Administrative Region of China, Malaysia, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United States
Country list 2
- Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Morocco, Panama, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
Country list 3
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Mauritania, Tunisia
Travel from Oman
Omani citizens shall have health insurance covering COVID-19 valid in the country they are travelling to.
Passenger shall comply with the conditions of the country they are traveling to.
Omani citizens and foreigners are allowed to travel from Oman without a permit.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.