Travel to Malaysia
Passengers are not allowed entry to Malaysia until further notice. (*please refer to Travel to Malaysia - Entry Exemptions)
COVID-19 PCR testing
A COVID-19 test (rT PCR / RTK Ag) certificate is not mandatory before arrival in Malaysia. passengers with destination Malaysia will undergo a mandatory health screening and a swab test upon arrival at their own cost.
Required documentation and application
Passengers travelling to Malaysia are required to comply with the latest entry requirements as updated in ESD website.
All individuals entering Malaysia must install, activate, and register on the MySejahtera app.
For guidelines for quarantine processes and fees, please read the FAQs on mysafetravel website.
Travel to Malaysia - Entry Exemptions
- Malaysian citizens are allowed entry without prior approval.
- Direct dependents to Malaysian citizens who are Registered with Malaysian government and have exited Malaysia before the MCO (18 MAR 2020) are allowed entry without prior approval. If the dependent has exited on are after 18 March 2020, they must apply for Entry to Malaysia Permission via MyTravel pass
Below categories of expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates who are holding a valid long term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia are required to apply for Entry to Malaysia Permission viaMyTravel pass
- The categories of the pass is as follows:
- Residence Pass Talent (RP-T) and their dependant/s
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
- All Pass Holder must comply with below requirements:
- Still holding a valid pass/approval of pass application;
- Present the Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return to Malaysia Approval Letter that is still valid and the pass holder must return to Malaysia within the duration with a valid pass;
- Obtain a Visa with Reference (VDR) for countries that require a visa to enter Malaysia.
For detailed information, kindly refer to guidelines available on below links:
Expatriate who fails to comply with any of the above will be denied entry, pass cancelled and blacklisted in the Immigration system.
Malaysia My Second Home Pass Holders
Expatriates holding Malaysia My Second Home pass (MM2H) require prior approval from the Director General of Immigration for entry. For up to date information on the rules for entry of Malaysia My second Home (MM2H) pass holders, please visit the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia website.
International Students travelling to Malaysia
For up to date information on the rules for international students entering Malaysia, please visit the Education Malaysia website.
Seamen travelling to Malaysia:
Seamen travelling to Malaysia must obtain approval from Malaysia immigration before travel and have a guarantee letter from the shipping company.
Transit through Malaysia
All passengers in transit to China are required to complete, IgM antibodies test in the country of origin and the transit country. As KUL airport does not have the facility to perform IgM antibodies test during transit passenger with onward connection to China shall not be accepted.
International Arrival to International Departure
- Passengers are required to comply with onward carrier and destination regulations and requirements.
- Both arriving and departing carrier must operate from the same terminal (Emirates operates from KLIA)
- Flight itinerary must be planned with the shortest connecting flights
International Arrival to Domestic Departure
- Passengers connecting to domestic flights must complete the 14-day quarantine at government provided quarantine facilities at the point of international arrival (KLIA) and will be allowed to travel onward to their domestic destination after the quarantine period.
Domestic Arrival to International Departure
- Domestic passengers connecting to international flights must report to the check in counter or transfer desk no later than 60 minutes before their next departure.
Travel from Malaysia
Passengers are expected to carry complete and authentic documents and present them to the check-in agent at their departure airport and are required to comply with rules and regulation of the local Authorities, immigration , and other regulatory bodies at the departing transit and final destinations.
- To check the latest COVID-19 travel and specific testing requirements for your destination, including any stops for connecting flights, please click here.
- To check the list of medical clinics, hospitals and ambulatory care centre’s that have obtained approval from local authorities in Malaysia to conduct screening and triaging for COVID‑19, please click here.
- Malaysia passport holders must familiarize themselves and comply with the latest exit regulations issued by relevant Malaysian authorities.
- Other nationalities are required to apply for Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia via MyTravel pass. However, any expatriate who wish to exit Malaysia and will not return to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) may proceed without applying for approval via MyTravel pass.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.
For further information please refer to following government websites: