Travel to Canada
There are specific entry requirements for travel to Canada during the pandemic. Check the details here before you fly.
COVID 19 testing requirements
Effective 7 January 2021, all international passengers from the age of 5 years and above who are travelling to Canada are required to complete a COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure to Canada.
- Refer to this link for information on accepted COVID-19 tests.
- The test has to be completed by an authorized laboratory.
- The 72 hour timeline is from the date the test is taken, and not when the result is issued.
- The 72 hour timeline is applicable from the departure to Canada and not the first point of departure.
- Children who are four years of age or younger
- Air crew member or a person who seeks to enter Canada only to become such a crew member (e.g., deadheading, repositioning, aircraft maintenance engineer);
- Future member of a crew who is re-entering Canada after having left to participate in mandatory training in relation to the operation of an conveyance and who is required by their employer to return to work as a member of a crew on a conveyance within the 14-day period that begins on the day on which they return to Canada;
- A person/class of persons who, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer, has skills critical to Canada’s COVID-19 response;
- Transiting travellers who will be remaining in the sterile transit area of a Canadian airport until they leave Canada; or
- Emergency Personnel (e.g., RCMP in-flight security officers (IFSO))
A 2 week quarantine is required upon entry regardless of COVID-19 negative test results.
Effective 31 October 2020, all passengers must submit contact information on the ArriveCAN app or Government of Canada website, before travel. The ArriveCAN receipt (proof of digital submission) must be presented at check-in. Find more information here.
Travel from Canada
If you are travelling from Canada, you may be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and submit additional documentation before departure. Please check the requirements of your specific destination before you travel.
COVID-19 PCR testing can now be done at a designated facility “Switch Health”, which promises a quick return of the test results as well as an applicable discount for Emirates customers using EMIRATES-SH code. Click here for FAQ’s and refer to the official website to get more details and make an appointment.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.