Emirates COVID 19 waiver policy scenarios
- Flight Cancellation: Emirates flight is cancelled for a specific date or route is suspended for a continuous period of time
- Travel ban: Where there is an explicit government notification that prohibits travel from either point of journey origin or destination
- Travel advisory: A general government advisory against non-essential travel but no travel ban
- Visa process change / Quarantine: Visa process which required visiting an embassy/consulate OR mandatory quarantine at origin or destination
- Passenger is unable to reach airport: Countries which have a government lockdown and passengers are unable to reach airport
Keep your ticket option
You can choose to keep your ticket and we’ll extend its validity to 24 months from the date of your original booking. The fare amount you paid for your original booking will be accepted for any flight to the same destination/region* at any time with no fees during this period.
You don’t have to call us if you have a cancelled booking. We’ve now extended the validity of your ticket for up to 24 months so you can just call us to reschedule your flight whenever you’re ready to travel again.
You don’t need to do anything, we’ll keep your booking status as open and you can reschedule your flight whenever you’re ready to travel again.
(*The Emirates regions are: Africa, Australasia, Europe, the Far East, the Gulf, Middle East and Iran, Indian Ocean Islands, North America, South America, West Asia.)
Please visit our Keep your ticket page for more details.
Request a Travel voucher
No change fees apply to this voucher, so you have more flexibility to reschedule when you’re ready to travel again. The value of your travel voucher will be equivalent to the amount you paid for your original booking. Please note that we can only provide a travel voucher for the part of your booked itinerary that you have not completed.
- Travel vouchers are valid for one year from the date of the voucher and can be extended for another year.
- Travel vouchers are issued to the named passenger on the original ticket and will be sent to the email address you enter while completing this form.
- You will also receive travel vouchers for any services you have paid for associated to your ticket.
- You may use the travel voucher for to buy any Emirates product or service for yourself or any of your friends and family.
- You can use the travel voucher throughout the year for multiple transactions if you wish to (up to its value).
- Should you be unable to utilise the full value of your travel voucher within 12 months from the date it was issued, you will be entitled to a refund of the unutilised amount or be able to extend the voucher for another year.
Tickets booked through a travel agent
If you booked your ticket through a travel agent, you can choose to keep your original ticket or request a refund, in accordance with our policy. Please contact your travel agent to arrange this.