Travel to Seychelles
Seychelles International Airport is opened for scheduled commercial flights and only passengers from Permitted Countries will be allowed as per below categories.
- Category 1: includes permitted countries from low and medium risk
- Category 2: consists of countries given special status
Category 2 special status is given to the following countries:
- Effective 1 October 2020: France, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom
- Effective 16 November 2020: Austria, Germany, Italy and Switzerland
Please refer to the Seychelles Visitor Travel Advisory for conditions of entry for passengers from both categories.
COVID-19 testing requirements
All travellers, including infants and children must have a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate from an accredited laboratory to enter Seychelles.
All visitors will be required to take a PCR test after the fifth night in Seychelles. This means that testing will be conducted on the sixth day after the arrival of the visitor.
For travellers from Permitted Countries - Category 1
- The test must be taken not more than 72 hours before departure from the point of origin.
For travellers from Permitted Countries - Category 2
- The test must be taken not more than 48 hours before departure from the point of origin.
- After arrival into Seychelles, the visitors from Category 2 Countries must stay in a designated establishment and may not leave the premises for the first 6 nights.
Health Travel Authorisation
- Once COVID‑19 PCR test results are received, all travellers must submit Health travel authorisation (HTA) for approval.
- This applies to all travellers including children, infants as well as Seychellois and all foreigners.
- Passengers will require to have details of their passport, a recent valid negative COVID 19 PCR test, their travel itinerary, hotel bookings, other relevant information as well as a payment card to complete the application.
- HTA will be processed at a charge of EUR 45 for all travellers, except for Seychelles passport holders the fee will be EUR 5.40.
- An additional amount of EUR 90 will be charged for urgent applications, which will be processed within 30 minutes.
- The HTA can be presented in a form of hard or soft copy. Permitted hard copies are a paper print out or PDF and soft copies are Mobile app/ Apple Passbook versions.
Visitors must ensure that accommodation bookings are made only at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
A separate advisory for returning Seychellois residents and GOP holders is available on Department of Health website.
Travel from Seychelles
If you're travelling to Dubai or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.
COVID-19 testing requirements
It is mandatory that customers confirm the COVID 19 PCR test requirements as per the regulations of the destination country and present the test result certificate at check in.
COVID-19 PCR testing facilities are available for tourists before departure on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. Appointments maybe required as health centres offer the tests on different days and times:
Location of the testing stations:
- Central/ East: Roche Caiman Maison Football – Tel +248 4388410 or 2829340
- Central: English River Health Center – Tel +248 4388597
- North: Beau Vallon Health Center – Tel +248 4385001
- South: Anse Royal Health Center – Tel +248 4388467
- West: Anse Boileau Health Center – Tel +248 4355555
- Baie St. Anne Hospital – Tel +248 4232333
La Digue Island
- La Digue Hospital – Tel +248 4234255