Travel to Angola
There are restrictions for specific categories of passengers travelling to Angola. Please check the latest requirements before you travel. If you are travelling to Angola, you are required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test and complete a Travel Registration Form before departure.
COVID-19 testing requirements
In order to board international flights to and from Angola, it is mandatory to present a molecular based RT-PCR COVID-19 test with a negative result. Testing must be carried out in the 72 hours prior to departure.
Passengers must complete a Travel Registration Form (FRV) up to 72 hours before the date of travel and must sign the commitment term with the conditions defined by the competent authorities. Failure to do so may hinder or inhibit travel.
- For national citizens, foreign residents and members of the diplomatic corps accredited in Angola, coming from outside the country and who do not test positive for SARS-COV-2 in the pre-shipment test, compliance with home quarantine is mandatory.
- For cases of non-resident foreigners coming from abroad, observance of home quarantine is mandatory, unless the health authorities consider that there are no conditions for this.
- Citizens subject to home quarantine sign a term of responsibility, under the terms defined by health authorities.
- The home quarantine is considered complete with the issuance of the discharge certificate by the competent health authority, which happens after the SARS-COV-2 test with a negative result.
- The test referred to in the previous number is carried out at least 7 days after the start of the home quarantine.
- As long as the home quarantine lasts, the citizens subject to it must remain in their respective home and observe the individual protection measures, under the terms defined by the health authorities.
- Whenever health authorities consider that there are no conditions for home quarantine, namely observance of physical distance, institutional quarantine is determined.
Only the following categories of passengers are allowed entry to Angola:
- Return to national territory of national citizens and foreign citizens residing in Angola;
- Entry of foreign professionals who provide services in Angola, both to public and private entities;
- Entry of foreign citizens with a work visa;
- Return of foreign citizens to their respective countries;
- Official trips to and from the national territory;
- Entry and exit of cargo, goods and postal parcels;
- Humanitarian aid;
- Medical emergencies;
- Technical Shifts / Rotations;
- Entry and exit of diplomatic and consular personnel;
- Transfer of corpses, provided that the cause of death is not COVID-19.
The following documents which have expired since 28 February 2020 are considered valid until 31 December 2020.
- Resident permit
- Work visa
- Temporary stay visa
- Study visa
- Refugee card
- Investor visa
The above is only applicable to citizens outside the national territory.
Travel from Angola
It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure that they meet the entry requirements of the final destination, in addition to obtaining the valid documentation for the trip. When in doubt the passenger should contact the nearest embassy / consulate to ensure they meet the necessary requirements of the country to which they are travelling.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.