- is subject to availability at the time of request;
- may be restricted due to operational and safety reasons;
- is subject to the Emirates General Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage;
- is non-endorsable and non-transferable between passengers.
- discount or pre-purchase is only available on itineraries where all flights are operated by Emirates
- Emirates reserves the right to amend, limit or revoke this offer at any time prior to purchase and accepts no responsibility for any technical issues resulting in the failure to pay.
- are only valid for this transaction and subject to changes;
- may vary across sales channels;
- are, unless otherwise stated, per passenger, per segment;
- exclude any applicable tax;
- are non-refundable except for the cases described in section 6. Refunds.
- Maximum allowed weight per checked bag is 32 kg (70 lbs).
- Your purchase is valid for the amount (piece and maximum weight or maximum weight), flight(s) and date(s) shown on the purchase receipt.
- Your purchase is also valid if you voluntarily change the date of your flight(s) or choose different flight(s) on the same sector, and the product is still available.
- Refund applications must be submitted after the flight has occurred using our refund form within three months after the date of the last flight in your itinerary.
- You shall only be entitled to a refund of your purchase in the following limited cases:
- The original Emirates flight was changed, cancelled or re-routed by Emirates and
- the product you originally purchased is not available or
- you refused the new flight proposed by Emirates.
- Death or serious illness (must be proven by an acceptable certificate) of you or a member of your Immediate Family as defined within Emirates General Conditions of Carriage.
- You booked your flight via www.emirates.com/us/english including a flight sector to or from the USA at least 7 days before departure, and you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking.
You are not entitled to any refund of your purchase in any other event, including:
- You voluntarily decide not to use the product you have purchased;
- You voluntarily change your flight and the product you purchased is not available;
- You voluntarily upgrade, or are upgraded by Emirates, to a higher cabin;
- You voluntarily cancel your flight;
- You do not meet any of the safety or legal requirements;
- You are entitled to the purchased product or service as a result of your frequent flier tier, but you failed to add the correct membership number at the time of booking;
- You are denied carriage in accordance with the Emirates General Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage.
In the event that you are entitled to a refund, we will refund the full amount including any refundable tax (unless otherwise stated).
Excess Baggage FAQ
Do I get a discount when I buy extra baggage allowance online?
Yes, you can save time and money when you buy your extra baggage allowance online. And from 21 December 2020 there’s an even greater discount. The cost of excess baggage depends on your route and whether you are buying extra weight or bringing extra pieces. Find out more about buying extra baggage allowance online.