Travel to Switzerland
If you are travelling to Switzerland, you may be required to undergo self-quarantine on arrival.
Travellers entering Switzerland from certain countries will have to go into quarantine for 10 days. Travellers affected will be notified during the flight, on board coaches and at border crossings.
A negative test result does not exempt passengers from the mandatory quarantine requirement.
Visit the Federal Office of Public Health website for the updated list of countries.
The mandatory quarantine requirement does not apply to transit passengers who have spent less than 24 hours in a country or area with an increased risk of infection.
The following passengers from the countries listed above may be exempted from the quarantine requirement.
- Persons who transport other persons or goods professionally by road, rail, ship or plane
- Persons whose work is essential to maintain:
- the efficiency of the health service
- Public security and order
- The efficiency of institutional beneficiaries as defined in Article 2 paragraph 1 of the Host State Act of 22 June 2007
- Persons who in the course of their professional activities for rail, bus, shipping or airline companies transport passengers across borders and in doing so have spent time in a country or area with an increased risk of infection
- Persons who for professional or medical reasons enter Switzerland every day or for up to 5 days and whose visit cannot be postponed
- Persons who as transit passengers have stayed less than 24 hours in a country or area with an increased risk of infection
- Persons who enter Switzerland for the purpose of transiting the country and who intend and are able to travel on directly to another country
All passengers must complete a Contact Tracing Form. This form is provided on board and can also be downloaded from emirates.com. During flight, cabin crew will collect completed forms from customers to be handed over to Swiss officials upon arrival. Find out more in these FAQs.
You can get the latest information from the Swiss Authorities regarding the new entry restrictions to Switzerland as well as rules and recommendations for travellers here.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.