Travel to Portugal
Travel to Portugal is restricted to specific categories of passengers. Please check the requirements below before you travel. If you’re travelling to Portugal, you may be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and complete a Passenger Locator Form before departure.
COVID-19 testing requirements
Before boarding, all passengers including children 12 years old and below, must present a certificate of a negative COVID‑19 PCR test issued not more than 72 hours before their time of departure from the point of origin.
The following passengers are allowed non-essential travel to Portugal:
- Nationals and legal residents of the EU, Schengen associated countries (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein) and United Kingdom
- Nationals and legal residents of the following countries, and travelling from there: Australia, China (including SAR Hong Kong and Macau), Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Rwanda, Singapore, Thailand, Uruguay
For all other third-country nationals only essential travel is allowed (travelling for business, study, family gathering, health or humanitarian reasons).
Boarding is exceptionally allowed without the presentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate to the following:
- Nationals and legal residents of following countries and travelling from there: EU, Schengen associated countries (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein) and United Kingdom
- Nationals and legal residents of the following countries and travelling from there: Australia, China (including SAR Hong Kong and Macau), Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Rwanda, Singapore, Thailand, Uruguay.
- Transit passengers that don’t have to leave the airport facilities
- Diplomatic personnel based in Portugal
- Passengers on flights recognised by the competent authorities to support the return of national citizens or holders of residence permits in Portugal or of humanitarian nature
- A Passenger Locator Form (PLC) must be completed by all passengers arriving in Portugal. After check-in (online or at the airport) passengers must complete the Passenger Locator Form (PLC) available on following the link: https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card. Before boarding, passengers must present the completed printed form or on their mobile devices.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.