Travel to Indonesia
Travel to Indonesia is limited to specific categories of passengers. Please check the requirements before you travel. If you are travelling to Indonesia, you are required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and complete the online health form before departure.
COVID-19 testing requirements
All passengers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate. The test must be done within 7 days prior to arriving in Jakarta.
All passengers must download and fill the health form. A completed online form must be presented to authorities on arrival in Jakarta.
Foreigners holding a valid visa and or stay permit are allowed to enter Indonesia.
The following are the accepted categories of visas and/or stay permits:
- Official visa
- Diplomatic visa
- Visit visa
- Limited stay visa
- Official stay permit
- Diplomatic stay permit
- Limited stay permit
- Permanent stay permit
Crew arriving using their own carrier are allowed to enter Indonesia.
Foreigners holding APEC Travel Card are allowed to enter.
Free visas and visa on arrival are currently suspended until the COVID-19 pandemic is declared ended by appropriate authorities.
Visit visas are intended for one-time travel with purpose:
- Emergency or urgent work
- Business discussion
- Purchasing items
- Skills trial for foreign worker candidates
- Medical and food support
- Crew joining their ship in Indonesian territory
Limited stay visas are for the purpose of:
- As expat employee
- Joining a ship as crew
- Quality control on items or production
- Inspection or audit of branch office in Indonesia
- Reseller activities
- Install or repair machine
- Non-permanent construction work
- Foreign candidate for work in Indonesia
- Foreign investment
- Family reunion
- Elderly tourist (retirement)
Guarantors must apply for visit visas and limited stay visas from the directorate general of immigration with the following documents:
- Health certificate stating the applicant is free from COVID-19 in English from respective health authorities
- Statement in English that the applicant is ready to be quarantined and/or treated in quarantine at their own expense if found positive for COVID-19 health authorities at Indonesian entry points
- Statement letter that the applicant is willing to be observed during quarantine period or self-isolation based on health protocol regulation
- Proof of health insurance and or statement letter that the applicant agrees to pay related expenses if affected by COVID-19
- Additionally, for visit visa application, the guarantor must enclose proof of minimum USD 10,000 funds in an Indonesian Bank.
Digital (eVisa) visit visas and limited stay visa will be provided.
Medical, food support personnel and crew are exempted from the requirement to provide proof of funds.
Foreigners holding expired limited stay permit (ITAS), permanent stay permit (ITAP) or re-entry permit currently abroad must apply for new visas to enter Indonesia.
Diplomatic and official visa are regulated by Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Foreign nationals can apply for a Family Reunion Temporary Stay Visa index 317 provided they fall in the following categories:
- Spouse of Indonesian citizen, Temporary Stay Permit holder, or Permanent Stay Permit holder
- Children born to parents of foreign national and Indonesian citizen who have legally married
- Children under 18 and never been married of foreign national and Indonesian parents who have legally married
- Children under 18 and never been married intending to join their parents of Temporary Stay Permit or Permanent Stay Permit holders
Visa application can be made through the official website at https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/.
Information regarding this visa can be found on https://www.imigrasi.go.id/apply_ri/other/joinfamily/.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you're travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.