Firearms, weapons and ammunition may be carried as checked baggage on Emirates flights under the following conditions:
- You must be in possession of the original firearms licence in your name and all original documents stating the appropriate clearances and permissions (if applicable) to export and/or import the firearms, weapons and ammunition.
- The carriage of any type of firearm, weapon and ammunition must be approved by Emirates no less than three days before your flight. Please complete the firearms form (only available in English) in the contact us section of our Help Centre to start the approval process. Please allow extra time for public holidays and weekends in your country of residence and the UAE.
- The firearm must be completely unloaded and, if possible, dismantled and packed inside a suitcase or standard gun case.
- Ammunition must be securely stored in a strong, sealed box packed inside a suitcase and surrounded by other contents. The suitcase must not bear an ‘Explosive’ label.
- The maximum gross weight of the ammunition carried by any single customer is 5kg (11lb). Customers travelling in groups must carry ammunition in their own separate bags, with no single bag carrying more than the 5kg (11lb) limit.
- All fireworks and any other items containing explosives, for example Christmas crackers, firecrackers, bottle rockets, poppers and sparklers are forbidden to be carried either as carry-on baggage or as checked baggage on our flights.
The following special conditions apply to customers wishing to carry firearms on flights into or through Dubai:
- Customers who wish to bring firearms and ammunition into the UAE must obtain prior clearance from UAE Customs and the UAE Ministry of Defence. To obtain this clearance, customers must contact these government departments directly.
- For transfer and transit customers who are connecting to onward flights, prior clearance to travel with firearms and ammunition must be obtained from the Dubai Airport Police Department and the Department of Civil Aviation.