Information collection and use
Emirates Group ("Emirates") includes any and all of the following entities and/or divisions: Emirates, dnataTM, dnataTM World Travel, Emirates Skycargo, Emirates Skywards, Emirates Holidays, Arabian Adventures, Emirates Hotels & Resorts and their associated brands and/or companies from time to time. A list is available upon request from: Corporate Communications, Emirates Group Headquarters, PO Box 686, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
We take our responsibilities regarding the protection of personally identifiable information very seriously. This policy explains how we use personally identifiable information that we may collect from or obtain about you. By using our Web Site you consent to these uses. While we try to take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the personally identifiable information we collect, this policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. This online policy only applies to transactions conducted within the United States on this Web Site.
How do we use your personally identifiable information?
When you use services provided on this Web Site you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information such as your name, contact details, passport number, and/or debit/credit card details. When you use our Web Site, we also automatically collect information about you. We also collect such information off-line as well. We need to know the names of all passengers traveling. If you are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personally identifiable information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this consent. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. Our use this information includes:
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your flight, sending you your itinerary, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation;
- To register you with our Web Site and administer our Web Site services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time (see Choice/Opt-out below);
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- To answer any questions which you may send to us by e-mail;
- For crime prevention and detection; and
- For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
Information you provide or that is obtained by us will also be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of Emirates and selected third parties should you have opted in to receive these.
Who do we share your information with?
We may give information about you including as follows:
- to other companies and/or divisions in Emirates Group;
- to trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such a s enabling our customers to book hotels, chauffeurs, hire cars, onward flights or other services quickly and easily;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- to customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination (or countries we overfly during your journey) in order to comply with the law in those countries;
- to third party organizations involved in credit card authorization;
- if required by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of aviation security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so;
- to our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
- if you choose not to provide certain personally identifiable information we request, you will still be able to visit our Web Site but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
We will take all reasonable measures to insure information you transmit to us using the Web Site will remain confidential and protected from unauthorized access. Despite those measures, we do not warrant unauthorized access to that information can never happen. We will not be liable for any such unauthorized access unless caused solely by our gross negligence, in which event you will be entitled to compensation up to a maximum of the value of the services purchased by you.
To insure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, the Web Site uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by us. Usually a closed lock on your browser window shows a secure connection. For further information, please consult your browser’s security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL your transaction will automatically be secured. The common standard in the Internet to signal a secure site is a closed lock at the bottom of the browser. As long as the lock is displayed closed your information is secure and encrypted to avoid abuse. If you click the secure transaction link and still cannot see the closed lock, the reason may be that the window is in nested in another frame. To check that you have a secure connection (in Internet Explorer), click the right mouse button and properties, then certificates. Then you will see if the connection is secure or not. Another way (in Netscape Navigator) is to click the right mouse button and 'view frame info' at the bottom of the text you will see security information.
Our Web Site may use "cookies" so we can better serve you with customized information when you return to our Web Site. Cookies are small bits of information that are stored on your computer by your web browser. Cookies are identifiers which a web site can send to your browser to facilitate your next visit to our Web Site. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the option to decide whether or not to accept it.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. However, due to the nature of our services, travel purchase information may be collected without requiring the customer to disclose his or her age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever on our website. If a child provides us with personally identifiable information online without our knowledge, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us by calling Customer Service if they would like this information deleted from our records. However, we will retain information necessary to provide transportation to a child under 13.
Our Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites not operated by us or an entity in the "Emirates Group". We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Web Site.
Correction/updating of personally identifiable information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your personally identifiable information provided to us.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking here, this will remove you from Emirates mail lists. To unsubscribe from Emirates Skywards communication go to www.emirates.com.
Access to your personally identifiable information
You have the right to see personally identifiable information we keep about you upon payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
Transfer of your personally identifiable information
Notification of changes
This policy was last updated on July 2, 2014.