Emirates Skywards: Membership Benefits
Do I get any excess baggage allowances?
Silver members are entitled to a guaranteed excess baggage allowance of 12kg above the ticketed limit for a particular cabin class, Gold members are guaranteed 16kg above the ticketed limit, and Platinum members are guaranteed 20kg above the ticketed limit. However, please note the following:
- The maximum weight per checked-in item of luggage is 32kg on all cross-Atlantic flights
- Economy Class baggage to the US cannot weigh more than 23kg, or 50lb, per item.
- Maximum weight limits per bag may vary in accordance with differing international airport regulations.
- Excess baggage privileges do not apply to cabin baggage or on flights in which the baggage allowance is given as number of luggage items instead of kilograms.
If your journey starts in the United States, please make sure you are aware of baggage allowances specific to this route.
We also have an online baggage allowance calculator to help you plan your trip.
- Weight and Piece concept
- How can Business Class or First Class bonuses help me to reach Silver, Gold, or Platinum status more quickly?
- What are guaranteed seat reservations and how do I get one?