When you are required to enter your billing information and credit card details during the payment process, you will see a link to the right of the screen called "See online payment rules."
These rules apply to all bookings made on emirates.com.
- In some countries, for security reasons, the holder of the credit card used to book a ticket or group of tickets must be one of the travelers on that itinerary and will be required to show the credit card at the airport check-in counter prior to receiving boarding passes. In other countries, the card holder does not have to be one of the travelers. See our Online Booking Basics FAQs for information on how to find out which countries allow this.
- For travel originating from some countries, the credit card used to make the online payment for the booking will be verified at the time of check-in. If you are not able to produce the card used to pay for the reservation at check-in, you will not be allowed to fly. If this applies to you, you will be notified during the booking process.
- Please note that since Emirates is based in Dubai, UAE, your credit card issuing bank may charge a fee for usage of the card in a foreign country. For further information, please contact your credit card issuer.
- Emirates will charge your credit card in the currency that is given on the booking confirmation. If you are not using a credit card based in the country of departure for the ticket, your card issuer may charge a fee for transactions in a foreign currency and also apply different exchange rates than those given by the Currency Converter on our site. Please check with your credit card issuer for any applicable fees and exchange rates.
- In most cases, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, and American Express can be used for payment. When departing from a few countries however, Diners and American Express may not be available. The "Card type" dropdown menu will show the card types you can use for that departure country.
- For payments by Visa, depending on your card issuer, you may have to complete an extra level of security checks through the Verified by Visa program. After you confirm your purchase, a pop-up window will appear containing your bank's logo; you must provide your Verified by Visa password to complete the transaction. This is not the PIN used for ATM/cash machines. If you are requested to enter this password but you have not registered for the Verified by Visa program, please contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter the incorrect password, your reservation will not be successful.
- For payments by MasterCard, depending on your card issuer, you may have to complete an extra level of security checks through the MasterCard SecureCode program. After you confirm your purchase, a pop-up window will appear containing your bank's logo; you must provide your MasterCard SecureCode password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/cash machines. If you are requested to enter this password but you have not registered for the MasterCard SecureCode program, please contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter the incorrect password, your booking will not be successful.
- If your credit card is issued in India, we accept only international credit cards.
- For payments by credit/debit card, refunds are processed by Emirates within 15 working days and credited back to the credit/debit card used for payment. If the booking originates from India, the refund will be processed by Emirates within 30 days. Note that the card issuer may need additional time to post the money to your account.
- For itineraries booked on emirates.com/us that include a flight to or from the US, where the booking is made seven days or more prior to flight departure, you may request a refund within 24 hours of booking without penalty. Your refund will be processed within seven days of submitting the eticket refund form. Any date changes requested are subject to the applicable fare conditions.
Was this answer helpful? Yes / No
Thank you for your feedback.