Are there additional baggage allowances for passengers with disabilities?
Passengers with special requirements are entitled to certain additional baggage allowances, free of charge but subject to the following limitations:
- Passengers who are dependent on a wheelchair may travel with a fully collapsible wheelchair stored in the aircraft hold. Passengers who are dependent on braces or crutches may also travel with these items stored in the aircraft hold.
- Passengers travelling with battery-powered wheelchairs should contact their local Emirates office with details before commencing their journey.
- Passengers who are dependent on a portable kidney dialysis machine are entitled to travel with one machine and ancillary equipment loaded in the aircraft hold.
- Assistance dogs of vision- and hearing-impaired passengers may be loaded in the hold in kennels and will not be permitted in the cabin.
- What is the policy for transporting Dangerous Goods?
- When will I need to show my mobile boarding pass?