Are there special baggage allowances for musical instruments?
There is no special free baggage allowance for the carriage of musical instruments. Musical instruments can be carried on Emirates flights in three different ways:
- as normal checked baggage, subject to the usual limitations
- as normal cabin baggage, subject to the usual limitations
- as cabin baggage on an unoccupied seat in the passenger cabin if the instrument is within the usual size and weight limits for carry-on items, or on a paid-for seat in the passenger cabin if the instrument exceeds those limits.
Please note that certain specific conditions and limitations on the options outlined above apply to particular musical instruments. If you have any questions regarding a musical instrument with which you intend to travel on an Emirates flight, please contact your local Emirates office or your travel agent to review these conditions and limitations.
If your itinerary includes flights operated by other airlines, different baggage rules may apply for these flights – learn more.
- What happens if I experience a problem while checking in online?
- How will my baggage allowance be calculated?
- Are there additional baggage allowances for sports equipment?