Emirates Skywards: Membership Benefits
Do I get any excess baggage allowances?
Silver members are entitled to a guaranteed excess baggage allowance of 12 kg above the ticketed limit for a particular cabin class, Gold members are guaranteed 16 kg above the ticketed limit and Platinum members are guaranteed 20 kg above the ticketed limit. However, please note the following:
- The maximum weight per checked-in item of luggage is 32 kg on all cross-Atlantic flights
- Economy Class baggage to the US cannot weigh more than 23 kg or 50 lb per item.
- Maximum weight limits per bag may vary in accordance with differing international airport regulations.
- Excess baggage privileges do not apply to cabin baggage or on flights in which the baggage allowance is given as 'number of luggage items’, instead of kilogrammes.
If your journey starts in the United States, please make sure you are aware of baggage allowances specific to this route.
We also have an online baggage allowance calculator to help you plan your trip.
- Can I change my Gold Partner nominee?
- Are Family Bonus members entitled to excess baggage allowances or lounge access?
- What are guaranteed seat reservations and how do I get one?