Emirates flights to/from Tripoli, Libya have been suspended indefinitely. Emirates continues to monitor the situation in Tripoli but no date to reinstate flights has been determined. Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Emirates passengers who wish to rebook their flight should contact their local Emirates office.
Tripoli rebooking conditions
- Emirates will waive administrative fees for rebooking and cancellation for customers holding confirmed tickets for travel to/from Tripoli on/before 22nd February 2011. Suspension of flights is indefinite.
- Rebooking shall be made onto an available flight to the same destination for travel within a seven day period after the scheduled departure time of the original flight and in the same booking class.
- Passengers who hold confirmed tickets for Tripoli can elect to rebook onto an available flight to/from either Cairo, Malta or Tunisia in the same booking class and at no additional cost but the new ticket must be issued by 31st October 2012. Please note transportation between Tripoli and the chosen new destination/origin (i.e. either Cairo, Malta or Tunisia) must be at the passenger's own expense.
- Refund for cancellation shall be based on the residual value for remaining coupons, valid for one year from the date of issue of MCO. Only passengers who purchased tickets from an Emirates Ticket Office in Tripoli may obtain a full refund of the residual value for the remaining coupons, outside of Libya. Such tickets can be identified by IATA location code 4549068 or 4549185 given on the ticket.
- The options as outlined above are; however, not available to passengers travelling on tickets issued as a part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator or travel agent.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines is not permitted.
- Tickets which have expired after the suspension of Emirates services to Tripoli maybe extended for a maximum period of 18 months from the date of expiry at no additional cost to the passenger.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Please contact your travel agent or nearest Emirates office for reservations and/or rebooking queries.