Emirates Flights to Damascus, Syria
Emirates has, with immediate effect, suspended its daily EK913 and EK914 services to/from Damascus until further notice. Emirates apologises for any inconvenience caused to its customers, however the safety of our passengers and crew is of the highest priority and will not be compromised.
Passengers holding tickets to/from Damascus are advised to contact their local Emirates office and check the status of their flight below, where information is updated every five minutes.
Emirates Flights to/from Tripoli have been suspended indefinitely
Emirates flights to/from Tripoli, Libya have been suspended indefinitely. Emirates continues to monitor the situation in Tripoli but no date to reinstate flights has been determined. Please continue to check the website for further updates.
Emirates passengers who wish to rebook their flight should contact their local Emirates office.
Damascus Rebooking and Cancellation Terms & Conditions
- Rebooking, re-issue and cancellation charges shall be waived for passengers ticketed to travel up to 30th November 2012.
- Rebooking shall be made onto an available flight to Beirut, Lebanon, or Amman, Jordan, for travel within one (1) month after the scheduled departure time of the original flight to/from Damascus, Syria, and in the same booking class. This will be at no additional cost to the passenger and if required, the validity of the ticket may be extended. Re-issue of such tickets must be completed by 31st May 2013. Transportation between Damascus and the new destination/origin will be at the passenger’s own expense and Emirates will not bear any expenses related to their surface travel.
- Passengers who wish to cancel their trip may have their remaining coupons exchanged for a MCO (travel voucher) for future travel on Emirates or refunded for the reassessed value of the remaining portion of the flight itinerary. Travel vouchers for future travel on Emirates will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Passengers who had purchased their tickets from an Emirates Ticket Office in Damascus may obtain a full refund of the residual value for the remaining coupons, outside of Syria.
- Emirates Skywards members who wish to refund their tickets may do so without any cancellation charges. Expired Miles will be reinstated to the members account. Emirates Skywards reward tickets which are unutilized can be rerouted to other Emirates destinations in line with commercial ticket policy at no additional cost.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines are not permitted.
- Tickets which have expired after the suspension of services or tickets due to expire on/before 31st May 2013 may be extended for a maximum 3 month period from the date of expiry at no additional cost to the passenger.
The options as outlined above are; however, not available to passengers travelling on tickets issued as a part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator or travel agent. Such passengers should be requested to contact their respective tour operator or travel agent for reissue or cancellation.
As this situation is beyond the control of Emirates, liability towards our passengers is limited in accordance with Emirates’ Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage. Passengers are invited to contact their travel insurers.
Please contact your travel agent or nearest Emirates office for reservations and/or rebooking queries.
Tripoli rebooking conditions
- Emirates will waive administrative fees for rebooking and cancellation for customers holding confirmed tickets for travel to/from Tripoli on/before 22nd February 2011. Suspension of flights is indefinite.
- Rebooking shall be made onto an available flight to the same destination for travel within a seven day period after the scheduled departure time of the original flight and in the same booking class.
- Passengers who hold confirmed tickets for Tripoli can elect to rebook onto an available flight to/from either Cairo, Malta or Tunisia in the same booking class and at no additional cost but the new ticket must be issued by 31st October 2012. Please note transportation between Tripoli and the chosen new destination/origin (i.e. either Cairo, Malta or Tunisia) must be at the passenger's own expense.
- Refund for cancellation shall be based on the residual value for remaining coupons, valid for one year from the date of issue of MCO. Only passengers who purchased tickets from an Emirates Ticket Office in Tripoli may obtain a full refund of the residual value for the remaining coupons, outside of Libya. Such tickets can be identified by IATA location code 4549068 or 4549185 given on the ticket.
- The options as outlined above are; however, not available to passengers travelling on tickets issued as a part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator or travel agent.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines is not permitted.
- Tickets which have expired after the suspension of Emirates services to Tripoli maybe extended for a maximum period of 18 months from the date of expiry at no additional cost to the passenger.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Please contact your travel agent or nearest Emirates office for reservations and/or rebooking queries.