Emirates has suspended its services to Baghdad until further notice due to operational reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers. Customers are advised to contact their travel agent or Emirates Call Centres for rebooking options, and visit the website for further updates.
Baghdad Terms and Condition
REBOOKING/CANCELLATION PROCEDURES FOR EK PASSENGERS
The following options are available to EK passengers and Skywards members who had purchased tickets on/before 27th January 2015 to travel to/from Baghdad and who now wish to alter their travel plans consequent to the suspension of EK services to/from Baghdad.
As this situation is beyond the control of Emirates, liability towards our passengers is limited in accordance with Emirates’ Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage. Additionally passengers are advised to contact their travel insurers.
The following options are available to EK passengers:
- Rebooking and re-issue charges shall be waived only to passengers ticketed to travel during 28th January 15 to 2nd February 2015, inclusive.
- Rebooking shall be made onto an available flight to the same destination for travel between 12th February 2015 and 15th February 2015 inclusive and in the same booking class. This will be at no additional cost to the passenger and if required, the validity of the ticket may be extended. Rebooking shall also be permitted for the return journey within a 10 days period after the original flight date and in the same booking class. This will be at no additional cost to the passenger provided the max stay requirement of the original fare used is maintained and if required the validity of the ticket may be extended.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines are not permitted.
Only one FOC (Free Of Charge) change shall be permitted per ticket
The following options may be offered to passengers who wish to cancel their trips:
- Fully unused tickets – A full refund may be offered.
- Partially used tickets – Refund of the residual amount after deduction of the applicable one-way fare for the utilised portion. Alternatively the residual amount may be converted MCO (travel voucher) for future travel on Emirates. Travel vouchers for future travel on Emirates will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Skywards members booked and ticketed to travel during 28th January -31 January 2015, inclusive and who now wish to cancel their trip may do so without any cancellation charges. Expired Miles will be reinstated to the members account.
- Skywards reward tickets which are unutilized or partially utilised can be rebooked according to Option #2 for commercial tickets above. Service Fees and difference in Miles will be waived off.
- A full refund may be offered on fully unused tickets
- Bookings which have been upgraded with Miles will be rebooked as per the upgraded class of travel. If rebooked in the lower class, Miles will be reinstated to the members account.
- Only one FOC (Free Of Charge) change shall be permitted on Saver reward tickets.
Please contact your travel agent or nearest Emirates office for reservations and/or rebooking queries.