2 July, 2012
DUBAI, U.A.E., 2nd July 2012: Emirates has announced a number of management changes to its Commercial Operations department, helping the airline to meet its demanding growth trajectory. The changes include the creation of several new Commercial Management roles that will form a crucial part of the airline’s route development strategy.
Highlighting its commitment to the development of UAE Nationals, 90 percent of the appointments have been awarded to Emiratis, all of whom originally started their careers with Emirates’ UAE National Commercial Management Programme. Between them, Emirates’ Commercial Senior Management team has well over 100 years of experience working for the airline, highlighting the longevity of a career with Emirates
“The appointment of these talented individuals further underpins our commitment to the career development and progression of our valued employees. Promoting from within and shifting portfolios helps to stimulate new ideas and generate a fresh approach to growth,” said His Highness (H.H.) Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive Emirates Airline & Group. “As part of their new appointments these managers will be tasked with seeking out new commercial opportunities and driving revenue growth in our existing markets. I am confident that their tenacity to achieve will serve each of them well in their new roles.”
Changes to the existing Commercial team include the regional rotation of;
· Majid Al Mualla, appointed as Senior Vice President Commercial Operations GCC, Middle East and Iran
· Ahmed Khoory, appointed as Senior Vice President Commercial Operations West Asia and Indian Ocean
· Salem Obaidalla, appointed as Senior Vice President Commercial Operations Far East and Australasia
· Richard Jewsbury, appointed as Senior Vice President Commercial Europe and Russian Federation
· Khalid bel Jaflah, appointed as Vice President East Africa
· Badr Abbas, appointed as Vice President Commercial UAE
As part of the changes the following staff have been awarded a promotion:
· Orhan Abbas, promoted to Senior Vice President Commercial Operations The Americas
· Essa Sulaiman Ahmad, promoted to Vice President India and Nepal
· Khalid Bardan, promoted to Vice President Pakistan and Afghanistan
The new appointments will be effective from 1st August 2012.