4 July 2013
DUBAI, UAE- 4th July 2013 Emirates, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines has plenty to keep its younger travellers happy whilst they travel this summer. From its inflight entertainment system ice, recently awarded best inflight entertainment for the ninth consecutive year by Skytrax to menus to toys there is plenty to keep youngsters and subsequently their parents happy.
Just in time for the summer holidays, this July and August the airline has a great kids line up on award-winning inflight entertainment system ice Digital Widescreen. The variety of movies, cartoons, games and music is second to none and is guaranteed to keep children entertained throughout their flight. Highlights include:
- 10+ Children’s Movies in New Release Movies, including: The Croods, Epic, Horrid Henry: The Movie, Jack the Giant Slayer, Escape from Planet Earth, Oz: The Great and the Powerful and A Monster in Paris.
- 40 Disney Classic Movies, including: 101 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland, Cars 1 and 2, Cinderella, Dumbo, Finding Nemo, Mary Poppins, Monsters, Inc. All 4 Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Pocahontas, Ratatouille, The AristoCats, The Rescuers and all 3 Toy Story movies
- 30+ dedicated kids TV channels, including: CBeebies, Cartoon Network ,Disney Junior and Wiggletime TV
- Nearly 60 hours of TV programmes featuring well-known favourites such as: Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends, Dora the Explorer, What's New Scooby-Doo?, Barney & Friends, Fireman Sam, Pingu ,Transformers and Tom & Jerry.
- For music fans of music we have a great selection to listen to, including: One Direction, Demy Lovato, Taylor Swift, Olly Murs, Little Mix and Justin Timberlake; just a few of the hundreds of channels of music available.
- Children are given their own specially designed inflight activity magazine:3,2,1 for pre-school travelers and e-kids for older children packed full of games, quizzes and stories to keep them entertained.
As part of its children’s product offering, Emirates’ has specially designed gear in bright colours; purple, green and yellow, which is applied to cutlery, tray mats, snack boxes, headset bags, as well as the toy bags. Emirates catering team designed menus for kids that appeal to Emirates’ multi-national passengers, allowing children to enjoy both variety and their favourite dishes. In addition to a wide variety of options, the menus includes Asian and vegetarian dishes and as well as special offerings such as low protein or medical meals. Special meals can be made available with 24 hours’ notice.
Young passengers are provided with a fun pack containing the new monster-themed toys. Aimed at pre-school children, the monster collection truly embodies the spirit of young globalistas with quirky names from across the globe. They come in two categories; Blanket Buddies - plush characters wrapped around soft polar fleece blankets, and Seat Belt Critters - little toys worn around a seat belt to encourage safety. Young travellers can also enjoy the existing range of children’s products including the 321/e-kids magazine, coloured pencils, branded Emirates rucksacks and cooler bags, children’s eyeshades and the popular Dr. Seuss books.
Older children can enjoy the Quiksilver collection of travel-inspired products co-designed with iconic lifestyle brand Quiksilver, on long-haul flights over five hours. August sees a dedicated Quicksilver TV channel introduced to ice Digital Widescreen, featuring amazing surfing and skating programming.
In addition, special services for children and infants are provided. They include; priority boarding for families with small children, special fares for children aged two to 11, 10kg free baggage allowance for infants not occupying a seat, special brightly-coloured child-sized headsets to ensure a snug fit, baby kits, bassinets, nappies and baby change tables. Baby bottles, milk formula and two types of jar food as well as food/bottle heating services are available. Upon arrival in Dubai, special ‘stroller’ delivery service for parents with small babies is provided, enabling them access to pushchairs immediately upon disembarking the aircraft.
With the permission of a parent/guardian our most frequent flying younger passenger can join Skysurfers, our frequent flyer programme for young travellers aged two to 16. They can collect Miles for treats like free flights, Apple iPods, games and the latest fashion accessories. They receive their own membership card, luggage tags, log book and password-protected web site at www.skysurfers.com and have even more fun when flying with Emirates thanks to extra-special treatment and club benefits. Skysurfers earn Miles at the same rate as Emirates Skywards members, and they can graduate to Silver or Gold membership just like the rest of the family.
This breadth of products and services underpins Emirates’ commitment to taking special care of its youngest passengers and providing families with a hassle-free journey to help the whole family enjoy a relaxing start to their holiday this summer.
For further information and to see the latest Emirates flight deals, please visit: www.emirates.com