Emirates has suspended its services to Baghdad
Emirates has suspended its services to Baghdad until further notice due to operational reasons. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers. Customers are advised to contact their travel agent or Emirates Call Centres for rebooking options, and visit the website for further updates.
Baghdad Terms and Condition
REBOOKING/CANCELLATION PROCEDURES FOR EK PASSENGERS
The following options are available to EK passengers and Skywards members who had purchased tickets on/before 27th January 2015 to travel to/from Baghdad and who now wish to alter their travel plans consequent to the suspension of EK services to/from Baghdad.
As this situation is beyond the control of Emirates, liability towards our passengers is limited in accordance with Emirates’ Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage. Additionally passengers are advised to contact their travel insurers.
The following options are available to EK passengers:
- Rebooking and re-issue charges shall be waived only to passengers ticketed to travel during 28th January 15 to 28th February 2015, inclusive.
- Rebooking/re-routing shall be made onto an available EK flight to/from Basra and Erbil within a period of 10 days from the original flight date and in the same booking class at no additional cost to the passenger. The same applies to the other EK sectors in the itinerary. Transportation between Baghdad and Basra/Erbil will be at passenger’s own expense and EK will not bear any expenses related to their surface travel.
- Re-routing/endorsements onto other airlines are not permitted.
Only one FOC (Free Of Charge) change shall be permitted per ticket
The following options may be offered to passengers who wish to cancel their trips:
- Fully unused tickets – A full refund may be offered.
- Partially used tickets – Refund of the residual amount after deduction of the applicable one-way fare for the utilised portion. Alternatively the residual amount may be converted MCO (travel voucher) for future travel on Emirates. Travel vouchers for future travel on Emirates will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Skywards members booked and ticketed to travel during 28th January - 28th February 2015, inclusive and who now wish to cancel their trip may do so without any cancellation charges. Expired Miles will be reinstated to the members account.
- Skywards reward tickets which are unutilized or partially utilised can be rebooked according to Option #2 for commercial tickets above. Service Fees and difference in Miles will be waived off.
- A full refund may be offered on fully unused tickets
- Bookings which have been upgraded with Miles will be rebooked as per the upgraded class of travel. If rebooked in the lower class, Miles will be reinstated to the members account.
- Only one FOC (Free Of Charge) change shall be permitted on Saver reward tickets.
Please contact your travel agent or nearest Emirates office for reservations and/or rebooking queries.