Information collection and use
Emirates Group ("Emirates") includes any and all of the following entities and/or divisions: Emirates, dnata, dnata World Travel, Emirates Skycargo, Emirates Skywards, Emirates Holidays, Arabian Adventures, Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa and their associated brands and/or companies from time to time. A list is available upon request from: Corporate Communications, Emirates Group Headquarters, PO Box 686, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
We are responsible for the processing of any personal information you provide to this Web Site and we are notified where required in each country under the relevant data protection legislation of that country.
We take our responsibilities regarding the protection of personal information very seriously. This policy explains how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By using our Web Site you consent to this use.
Why do we need your personal information?
When you use services provided on this Web Site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, and/or debit/credit card details. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your flight, sending you your itinerary, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation;
- To register you with our Web Site and administer our Web Site services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time (see Choice/Opt-out below);
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail;
- For crime prevention and detection; and
- For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
We need to know the names of all passengers traveling. If you are booking a flight on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained this consent.
How do we use your personal information?
Information you provide or that is obtained by us will be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of Emirates and selected third parties should you have opted in to receive these.
Who do we share your information with?
We may give information about you as follows:
- to trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such as enabling our customers to book hotels, chauffeurs, hire cars, onward flights or other services quickly and easily;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- to customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination (or countries we overfly during your journey) in order to comply with the law in those countries;
- to third party organizations involved in credit card authorization;
- as permitted or required by law. For example, Emirates will disclose Personal Information to those governmental bodies who have authority to obtain it, in order to comply with a warrantor subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, and to comply with record production requirements
- to our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit our Web Site but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
We will take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
Our Web Site may contain links to other web sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of web sites not operated by us or an entity in the "Emirates Group". We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Web Site.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove your personal information provided to us.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out of receiving these communications byclicking here, this will remove you from Emirates mail lists. To unsubscribe from Emirates Skywards communication go to www.emirates.com. You will always be notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so you can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to see personal information we keep about you upon payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
Transfer of your personal information
In the course of undertaking the activities specified in this privacy statement, we may need to transfer personal information to countries which do not have data protection laws or to countries where your privacy and other fundamental rights will not be protected as extensively.
Notification of changes
Web Site contact
If you have a query regarding your online booking or encountered any problems whilst making your booking, please submit an online booking query form.
Non-booking related queries
If you experience any technical problems during your interaction with this Web Site, please contact our local office for assistance.