Emirates Skywards: Membership Tiers
How do I keep my Silver, Gold or Platinum status?
There are two ways to retain your tier:
- earn enough Tier Miles by flying with Emirates or on an EK codeshare flight
- take the required number of qualifying flights* with Emirates
Once you have reached a new tier you have a fixed 12-month period in which to earn the Tier Miles you need to keep your status. During this time, you would need to save 25,000 Tier Miles or take 25 qualifying flights to remain in Silver, 50,000 Tier Miles or 50 qualifying flights to remain in Gold and 150,000 Tier Miles to remain in Platinum.
If you have not managed to stay in your tier after your review date, you will move back to the previous tier. The rolling tier qualification system will resume, meaning we give you a review opportunity every month over the subsequent 12 to 13 months to allow you to regain your status.
*A ‘qualifying flight’ is a flight on Emirates, or a code-share flight marketed by Emirates but operated by another airline, between the point of origin and point of destination of an outward or return journey.
- When I move up to a higher tier, how long do I keep the benefits for?
- What does tier qualification mean?
- How do I move up to a higher tier?