Dubai Stopovers – General Booking Terms & Conditions - November 2012
These booking Terms & Conditions govern your booking. Where Emirates books a hotel or other ground service in its capacity as agent of the relevant third party supplier, your contract for that accommodation or service will be subject to the supplier's Terms & Conditions which could limit or exclude liability to you. No contract will come into existence until we accept your request for a booking and receive full payment in cleared funds. When you submit your request for a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept (and do accept) these conditions on behalf of yourself and all persons covered by your booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information given to you in connection with this booking by us, or any third party supplier, is passed on to everyone on whose behalf you are making, or have made, the booking. If you are making a booking for more than one person, you are responsible for all payments due from every person for whom that booking is made. All the featured hotels and services are subject to availability.
Validity of prices
All prices featured on emirates.com are:
- Valid from November 1, 2012 to October 31, 2013 unless otherwise specified.
- Based on tariffs submitted by hotels and other third party suppliers and on exchange rates current at time of publishing. Until payment for the booking has
been received in full, prices are subject to change without notice. Your attention is drawn to the Dubai Stopovers guarantee which applies once we have
received payment in full.
- All prices are per room in US dollars and indicative only. Payment must be made in the local currency at the place of booking, as advised by the local Emirates office.
Infants and Children
Infants sharing with parents with existing bedding are accommodated free-of-charge, but the infant(s) details must be included in the booking. Selected hotels permit a maximum of one child under 12 years or one infant to share its parents’ room with existing bedding, with the exception of Ibis Hotels (Deira City Centre, Al Rigga and Al Barsha), Rolla Residence (studio) and The Sofitel Jumeirah Beach. Some hotels have family rooms that permit a maximum of two children to share their parents’ room with existing bedding. These rooms can also be booked for a family of 2 adults, one child under 12 years and one infant. The child rate includes the cost of breakfast. Please refer to price list. Al Maha does not allow children under 12 years of age at the Resort.
Dubai Stopovers guarantee
Emirates guarantees that once you have paid for your booking in full, regardless of increases in third party supplier costs or adverse changes in monetary exchange rates, no additional charges will be passed on to you.
Once you have confirmed and paid for your flight, to book a Dubai Stopover all you have to do is simply select your hotel. Bookings can be made through your appointed travel agent or tour operator. If the hotel of your choice is not available, we will endeavor to offer you a suitable alternative. At the time of booking, please provide the following information:
- Full name of passenger(s).
- Flight number and arrival date in Dubai.
- Flight number and departure date from Dubai.
- Length of stay.
- Hotel required (with alternative choice).
- Single, twin, triple or quadruple occupancy.
Bookings can be made up to 48 hours prior to your departure for Dubai. Booking well in advance is strongly recommended. Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
A Dubai Stopovers booking entitles you to:
- Accommodation in selected hotel/room type.
- American or continental buffet-style breakfast.
- Meet and greet service upon arrival at Dubai International Airport (Passengers will be paged upon arrival before Immigration by an Arabian Adventures Representative wearing a red uniform. The Representative will also be holding the visa copy and Welcome Pack; passengers who proceed to Immigration
without their visa will be charged to have another copy printed, therefore it is important that they respond to paging. Passengers can contact the Arabian Adventures counter situated before Immigration for any other requirements).
- Welcome Pack, which includes a useful information leaflet on Dubai, two postcards, a tours and safaris brochure, the office number of our supervisor, the
name and contact number of the pre-assigned representative and a 24-hour emergency number.
- Return transfers between Dubai International Airport and the hotel.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- Any change in such fees and charges and/or additional fees or taxes introduced by local authorities, will be added as and when implemented.
Please note that the airfare must first be paid for in full before you purchase a Dubai Stopover. Dubai Stopovers do not include the cost of any item not specifically listed above, such as visas, flights, excursions, tours, etc.
Please note that private car transfers need to be booked separately for arrivals at Terminal two (2), Dubai International Airport.
Standard check-in time is 15:00 and check-out is 12:00. Selected hotels offer a 24-hour check-in/check-out facility. Customers are entitled to a period of 24 hours from their time of arrival at the airport. For example, arrivals at 4 am only pay for one night and have access to the hotel room and facilities for 24 hours from the time of flight arrival. Hotels reserve the right to charge for periods when the room is occupied before the normal check-in time or after the normal check-out time. For your comfort, we therefore recommend that when purchasing the number of nights you intend to stay, you consider whether this covers your early arrival or your late check-out, neither of which is covered by the price quoted on this website. Please note, it is normal practice for hotels in Dubai to request for a credit card guarantee or deposit at check-in. The deposit is refundable at the time of check-out. However, if something is consumed from the mini bar or restaurant (apart from breakfast), the cost will be deducted from the deposit. The hotel will provide a sofa/rollaway bed in a double/twin room for a third adult. Please note that due to construction work in and around beach/city properties, you may experience some disturbance. We regret any inconvenience caused.
Private Car Transfers
All hotels* offer the option of exclusive private transfers at a supplement. Seat-in-coach
transfer for is not available the following:
- passengers in wheel chairs.
- passengers arriving or departing to/from Terminal 2, Dubai International Airport.
- passengers embarking or disembarking from cruise ships docking in Dubai, therefore a private car transfer must be booked.
*Please note that the hotel rates for Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, include private car transfers.
Child/Infant seats in Private car transfers
Child/infant seats for children under 6 years of age are compulsory under Dubai Law. Car seats can be pre-booked at USD $10 per seat, per way. If the booking is made and car seat(s) is/are not booked, the transfer will not be provided and this service will be not be refunded Infants travel free-of-charge; however, their details must be included in the booking.
Seat-in-coach baggage allowance
- Baggage allowance per person is 2 pieces (01 suitcase & 01 hand trolley bag or equivalent). For passengers ex North America the baggage allowance is 2 suitcases and 1 hand baggage.
Passengers arriving with extra luggage must make alternative transfer arrangements at their own cost.
- Dubai Stopovers are offered to individual passengers travelling with Emirates to, from or via Dubai. To qualify for the benefits of a Dubai Stopover, travel on at least one sector (either into or out of Dubai) must be on Emirates except when passenger requires a visa and has requested either a 36-hour, 96-hour, Tourist or Urgent Tourist Visa, in which case both flight segments must be booked on Emirates.
- A Dubai Stopovers booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to your departure for Dubai and full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Dubai Stopovers cannot be utilized by groups of more than 10 persons travelling together.
- A Dubai Stopover must be utilized immediately upon arrival in Dubai and the stay must be continuous. Please check with your local Emirates representative regarding eligibility criteria.
- A maximum of seven nights can be booked with the Dubai Stopovers Program.
|Type of Visa||Price||Validity||Processing time|
|36-hour visa||Complimentary*||36 hours||Three working days|
|96-hour visa||USD 62||96 hours||Three working days|
|Normal tourist visa||USD 76||30 days||Five working days|
|Urgent tourist visa||USD 110||30 days||Less than five working days|
Clear, color passport copies (to be scanned and forwarded by email) are required to process all types of visa, irrespective of nationality.
Please note that the processing time for UAE visas does not include Friday and Saturday as they are the official weekend of the UAE.
- Visas for stays up to 96 hours require documents to be received at least three working days prior to arrival. Point of entry and exit must be Dubai International
- Visa requirements can change, and it is the responsibility of passengers to ensure that, prior to departure, they hold valid passports and visas both for the UAE and for their final destination.
- Passport validity at time of visa application must be 6 months or more.
- Tourist visas to be requested for the following categories of passengers.
- Passengers holding discounted airline tickets.
- Cruise ship passengers.
- Approved visas will be cancelled within 48 hours of cancelling a Dubai Stopover Package or in case of a no show.
- Visa copies can be obtained free of charge from the Arabian Adventures desk at Terminal 3 only. Passengers arriving at Terminal 2 or Dubai Port, should ensure they have a visa copy prior to departing as Arabian Adventures cannot provide copies in those locations.
- Both flight segments must be booked on Emirates when visiting Dubai on a visa booked through Emirates Dubai Stopovers.
Condition of stay for visas
Entire stay in Dubai must be booked and confirmed through a Dubai Stopovers hotel.
Complimentary Dubai entry visa is only available only to commercial transit passengers (e.g. New York – Dubai - Damascus) booking a 1 night Dubai Stopover en-route to their final destination and having a transit time in Dubai not greater than 36 hours. Example: 1) New York – Dubai - Damascus (Entitled to the Complimentary Visa as transit time in Dubai LESS than 36 Hours) EK 204 1OCT JFKDXB Departure: 1120(Sat) Arrival: 0805(Sun) EK 913 3OCT DXBDAM Departure: 1410(Mon) Arrival: 1625(Mon) 2) Auckland/Dubai/Bombay (Not entitled to the Complimentary Visa as transit time in Dubai GREATER than 36 Hours) EK 407 1OCT AKLDXB Departure: 1850(Sat) Arrival: 0540(Sun) EK 147 3OCT DXBBOM Departure: 2230(Mon) Arrival: 0255(Tues) The complimentary visa is NOT available to turn around passengers (eg. London/Dubai/London). Emirates Group employees or any other Airline employees do not qualify for the complimentary visa.
Prior to arrival in Dubai
- Passengers who have received a free visa must contact their local Emirates office for any change to flights that would make their transit in Dubai more than 36 hours. In such a case the complimentary visa would be cancelled and a normal visa will be processed and visa charges as appropriate will apply.
- Failing to inform Emirates about such a change prior to departure would result in a charge of USD 300 per person levied in addition to the applicable ticket rebooking fee as per airline policy.
On arrival in Dubai
- Passengers that have availed of a complimentary visa must contact the Emirates Office in Dubai for any change to flights that would make their transit in Dubai more than 36 hours.
- A charge of USD 300 per person will be levied in addition to the applicable ticket rebooking fee as per airline policy.
- Issuance of visas is purely at the discretion of the Immigration authorities and Emirates takes no responsibility should the visa be rejected.
- All flights into and out of Dubai must be on Emirates.
- The visa is valid for stays up to a maximum of 36 hours.
- All information is correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.
Arabian Adventures Tours and Safaris Conditions of Contract
- Arabian Adventures, P.O Box 7631, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (“we”, “us” or “our”) provides tours, safaris, transportation and other activities (“Activities”) to participants (“you” or “your”) either itself or through its suppliers.
- Any tour sales voucher and all other tickets and coupons issued in respect of the Activities are furnished and issued subject in all respects to these Conditions of Contract and to any and all Terms & Conditions of the owners, operators, public carriers and such other persons who provide Activities to you. Copies of such Terms & Conditions are available on request. The purchase of a voucher or the making of a booking entitling you to participate in an Activity shall be deemed to constitute your consent and acceptance of these Conditions of Contract.
- The full price of any Activity shall be due and payable when a booking is made and we may cancel any booking if the full price of the Activity is not paid to us at least two (2) days prior to commencement of the said Activity. No refund will be payable to you in respect of a booking cancelled less than twenty-four (24) hours prior to commencement of an Activity. Failure to turn up in the designated location for an Activity by the specified departure time shall be considered to be cancellation.
- We shall be entitled to cancel, alter or omit any part of any Activity for which a booking has been made with or without notice to you and at our sole discretion. In particular, due to the nature of many of the Activities, delays and cancellations may result due to factors beyond our or our suppliers’ control, such as the weather, accidents, sickness, governmental restrictions and other events of force majeure. In such cases, a refund or partial refund may be given at our discretion and/or the discretion of the supplier of the Activity concerned.
- You understand and accept the potential risks and hazards that can be involved in certain of the Activities. You take responsibility for ensuring that you are mentally and physically capable of participating in the particular Activity. You agree to comply with the instructions in English of any personnel providing the Activity (“Leader”). If in the opinion of that Leader, your behavior or physical condition is detrimental to the safety, welfare and well-being of the group as a whole, or if the Leader considers that your general well-being will be put at risk by continuing with the Activity, you may be asked not to participate in the Activity without the right to any refund of the price.
- In particular, some of the Activities are potentially hazardous. Arabian Adventures and its suppliers will use all their experience and, where necessary, the experience and assistance of local guides and other experts, in order to minimize the risk to you. Nevertheless, if you are participating in Activities that are potentially hazardous or against the Leader’s recommendation you may be required to read, understand and sign an indemnity and waiver form in English before participating in those Activities.
- Where we offer Activities provided by third parties, or issue you with a voucher entitling you to a ticket for an event, we act only as agent for the operator of the Activity concerned or the organizers of that event. The Terms & Conditions of the operator of the Activity or organizer of the event will apply to you and any refund will be subject to those Terms & Conditions. We will therefore have no responsibility for the acts or omissions (including negligence) of those operators or organizers or their servants or agents, or for any injury, damage or loss arising in connection with the provision of Activities by such operators or in connection with the event or its organization.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Arabian Adventures accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, accident, sickness, injury or death that you or anyone else may suffer or incur arising out of the Activities and/or in connection with your contract with us and/or the operator of any Activities. You are advised to have comprehensive travel and health insurance. All personal effects are at your sole risk at all times during the activity.
Cancellations, changes, no-shows and refunds
All notices of cancellation and changes must be made in writing. Bookings cancelled after payment has been made and documents issued will be subject to a cancellation fee according to the following scale:
- For cancellations and amendments received 72 hours or more prior to scheduled date of arrival in Dubai, no charges will apply.
- No refund will be made for any part of the booking that has not been utilized (e.g. breakfast or other services).
- For cancellation notices relating to all hotels received 72 hours or less prior to scheduled date of arrival in Dubai, including the day of arrival into Dubai or for 'no-shows', the total cost of the booking will be charged.
- For changes within 72 hours or less prior to scheduled date of arrival in Dubai relating to the same hotel as previously booked, a one night package charge applies. If the change is for a new hotel altogether, then the total cost of the booking will be charged.
- Refunds must requested in writing within 30 days of cancellation in order to be processed.
- Visa charges are non-refundable once the visa is applied for, regardless of whether it is issued or rejected by Immigration.
Emirates liability to you
- Where Emirates sells you a Dubai Stopovers service provided by a third party in its capacity as an authorized agent of such third party, it is not responsible for acts or omissions of these suppliers, their employees, agents or representatives, nor for any deficiency in the service provided and, in particular, Emirates has no liability for loss, personal injury or death or other damage of whatever nature however incurred, unless such loss is caused by Emirates’ negligence.
- As an international carrier, Emirates is subject to international conventions which govern and may limit Emirates' liability to you in respect of compensation for death or personal injury, loss of or damage to, your baggage, and for delay. The limitations of liability are contained in your ticket and form part of the Terms & Conditions, which govern your carriage by air with Emirates. You acknowledge that the terms which govern your transportation by air, including limits on liability imposed by applicable international conventions, shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- Emirates reserves the right to cancel or change any Dubai Stopovers service and is unable to accept any responsibility for loss, damage or expense due to unusual, unforeseeable events beyond Emirates’ reasonable control, the consequences of which could not be avoided even if all due care had been exercised, including but not limited to delays or changes in schedules, technical or maintenance problems, hotels overbooking or defaults, sickness, adverse weather conditions, natural or industrial disaster, industrial action involving third party suppliers, war, terrorist activity, quarantine or other causes. You accept full responsibility for such loss, damage or expense.
- All information on this website and in the Emirates Dubai Stopover brochure is correct at the time of publishing. Details and regulations are subject to change. Please note that this product may not be available for sale in some countries as restrictions may apply.